Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Amazon vague guildlines and emails.

So this weekend I got an interesting email from Amazon saying that they have pulled one of my stories from their system due to it violating their terms of service. I had to read the email a few times to get get any idea why it was pulled. Towards the end it says "upon changing your content, please re-submit your book.

Okay. So I take a look at the guidelines and what a help that was....NOT! The guidelines are so vague that they are of no help. I knew of that long before but I was hoping to find something to help me get the story back up as it one of my more popular stories. How am I suppose to rework something if I don't know what the problem is in the first place? Not sure what else to do, I take the story and rework it but not in a way that completely changes the story and upload that. Today I see that the story is completely blocked and I can not do any further edits or reworks. Apparently, you only get one chance to get it right once they tell you they don't like it. Nice!

Since then I have seen the news that a lot of erotica writers are getting the same problems. Namely, the independent erotica writers. I thought maybe it was a keyword that got it yanked but doing a search for all the keywords I knew the story was listed under still shows a large selection of other titles. So I am no closer to knowing why my story was targeted than I was a few days ago when I got the email. I would like to know and thought about emailing Amazon to find out but I have read they rarely respond to inquires and if or when they do, they do not offer any help. They only refer you back to the vague useless guidelines mentioned before.

Therefore, I guess I am out a story on Amazon. The story is still available at all the other outlets except Kobo. I am going to now keep an eye on what else gets the Amazon ban. Hell I might even have a new section up soon. The TOO HOT FOR AMAZON SECTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment